2021 was a slight return to normal from 2020.
In Alexandria, arrests for various crimes, as reported by ALXNow, have both risen and fallen.
- Most notably, DUI arrests were up 34%. With 3 weeks left in the year, there were a reported 193 DUI arrests in Alexandria. While this number is an increase in arrests over 2020, it is a decrease in DUI arrests from 2019 – the last year before the pandemic.
- Homicide arrests in Alexandria have remained largely static over the past 3 years, with 2 in 2019, 3 in 2020, and 2 in 2021.
- Rapes charges in Alexandria have steadily decreased over the past 3 years, from 20 in 2019 to 10 this year.
- There were 79 reported Robberies in Alexandria, this year. This is down from last year’s 87, and 2019’s 82.
- Alexandria Aggravated Assault arrests, such as Malicious Wounding, have increased in the past 3 years, from 196 in 2019 to 215 this past year.
- Burglaries have increased a good amount from 117 in 2019 to 175 in 2021.
- Larceny arrests in Alexandria, at 2,244, are lower this year than in 2020, but higher than 2019.
- Car Thefts in Alexandria were lower this year than last year’s high, with 245 in 2021, compared to 359 in 2020.
Arrested in Alexandria? Hire a Local Defense Attorney
Our Client Focused Criminal Defense Team is prepared to represent you for any charge in Alexandria. Contact us to learn how we can help if you have been arrested in Alexandria.